Monday, January 28, 2008

Friend




Friend... The word friend means: 
  1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
  3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause, a comrade.
  4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement.
This is the dictionary terms of the word friend. These sound good. Why is it take until you get to #4 to start getting somewhere. I think the word FRIEND is very overused. I think we all have a lot of acquaintances but not a lot of FRIENDS. A friend is someone you can share your feelings with without worrying about them telling other mutual acquaintances what you said. Someone that will also share the same with you. 

In my life my wife is my best friend. This is one big reason why our marriage works so well. Problem is I (we) need more. We need different opinions. We need different point of views. We need to feel that someone is going through exactly what we are going through even though we feel like we are alone. 

For example: some days it seems like my kids are the most misbehaved children in the world and we wonder why other children, for example, Bill and Jan's (insert name here) kids are always well behaved and never act up. I know it isn't true but wouldn't it help me out if I heard that from Bill that his kids are not perfect. Probably!

I think we all need a couple true friends. I never realized that until recent. I'm searching for some so if you need another friend your not alone. 

I'm not sure I made any sense with this blog but I'm working on it and will be better one day.

No comments: